Moderator: Calla Wiemer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
PAST Workshop on Monetary Policy, Banking and Finance, and Central Banking
When: 6 August 2020, 12:30-6:45pm Tokyo time (GMT+9)
Sponsors: Asian Development Bank Institute; Central Bank of Sri Lanka; Asia-Pacific Applied Economics Association
The conduct of monetary policy is increasingly challenging for emerging Asian economies due to the effects of COVID-19, unconventional monetary policies in advanced countries, volatile capital flows, volatile commodity prices, and the spillover effects of trade conflicts.
This ADBI-Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL)-Asia-Pacific Applied Economics Association virtual workshop will take place in recognition of CBSL’s 70th anniversary and feature research that examines monetary policy, banking and finance, and central banking imperatives for developing Asia.
- Assess the development of monetary policy, banking and finance, and central banking in Sri Lanka and other emerging Asian economies
- Spotlight key monetary policy challenges in the region and evidence-based recommendations for strengthening the sector in the face of growing uncertainty
- Central bankers, think tank researchers, and academics
- Enhanced understanding of factors affecting the conduct of monetary policy in emerging Asian economies
- Improved dialogue and support for monetary policy development and research
- Presentations and related materials to be made available on the ADBI website
- Featured research papers will be considered for publication in a special issue of an SSCI-listed journal
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.